Standard Charcoal Foam
Recommended for: Noise Control in Rooms & Protecting items when shipping.
Thicknesses: 1/4", 1/2", 1”,1-1/2", 2”, 2-1/2", 3”, 3-1/2", 4”
Available Sizes: 24" x 72" * 40" x 82" * 72" x 82" *
Protect your products. We can custom pad your delicate equipment in a case of any shape and size!
Our foam is light weight and is excellent for padding cases with delicate equipment, and cushions your items during shipping, warehousing, or general handling.
Charcoal firm is an open cell foam which gives extremely good air flow to your items. This is beneficial for padding packages for shipping. This foam can be use when your equipment weights 50 pounds and under.
All thicknesses are in stock and can be custom cut to fit your needs. Full size sheets are available if you would like to do your own cutting.
What are the uses for Standard Charcoal Foam?
- Standard Charcoal Foam is ideal for protecting your delicate equipment during transit, storage or general handling.
- Standard charcoal foam is less expansive foam and can be used for light packaging, one time throw away use such as a doll or toy figure collections, and small item storage such as cards, sunglasses, or small items that you want to tuck away.
Will this foam keep my delicate items safe from breakage?
- Yes, this foam is perfect for packaging delicate items for shipping. Additionally, this open-cell foam provides great airflow to your items.
What type of foam is Standard Charcoal Foam made from?
- Charcoal Firm Foam is made from open-cell foam, which allows excellent airflow to packaged items.
Can Standard Charcoal Foam be custom cut to fit my items?
- Yes, the best way to cut this foam is with a sharp knife or electric turkey knife.
What is the difference between Standard Charcoal Foam and Charcoal Firm Foam?
- Charcoal firm foam is the most common type of foam to use for packaging but if your circumstance requires softer foam, the standard charcoal foam is the best choice.
Best way to cut the open cell foam is with a sharp knife or electric turkey knife, just repeat in 1 direction over and over again in one direction to get a clean cut. Please note that if you order these size sheets they may be bigger than actual size as listed.
Please note: When comparing different types of foam with other companies it is most important to look at the density and ILD of the foam.
Foam density is a specific measurement of how much weight in pounds polyurethane foam can handle per cubic foot. This density rating tells you the strength of the foam. The height the number the longer the foam will last. It should not be used exclusively as a sign of durability or comfort, because firmness and lifespan of foam products like mattresses and cushions depend on many factors, including density. The density may vary slightly between each foam shipments.
ILD or IFD measurement firmness of how hard or soft a foam is. The higher number the foam is, the firmer the foam is. It also represents how many pounds the foam will hold before it collapses. If you take a block of foam 12″ x 12″ x 12″ cube after the certain ILD is reached that foam will collapse.
We vacuum pack the foam to reduce shipping cost. you will have to give the foam 1-2 days to come back to its original shape. It will look a little misshaped and not measure to correct size until after you let it expand back out.