Standard Backer Rod - 2 lbs Density
Available Diameter: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1-1/4" Grey Color
Available Diameter: 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3", 4", 5", 6" White Color (8" in black color)
polyethylene Rods can be use for pipe insulation in glazing operations, window and door applications, expansion joints, curtain wall joints, log construction, partitions, pavement joints and repairs.
Basic Use: ITP Standard Backer Rod is an ideal nonabsorbent compressible backup material. It is inserted into a joint to control sealant depth to create a backstop to:
* water resistant, low abrasive, with excellent shock absorption.
* Use in medical, marine, recreational and protective packaging markets
* Allow proper sealant tooling
* Allow proper sealant wetting of the joint surfaces
* Yield a proper bond breaker between the Backer Rod and sealant
* Function as a temporary seal.
Compatibility: ITP Standard Backer Rod is compatible with butyl, polysulfide, acrylic polyurethane, silicone and most other cold applied sealant compositions.
Specific Use: Commonly used in glazing installations, windows and door applications, expansion joints, curtain wall joints, partitions, log constructions, pavement joints, repairs, precast units and copings.
Composition and Materials: ITP Standard Backer Rod is an extruded round, closed cell, low density polyethylene foam material with a skin-like outer texture. It is highly flexible and compressible for easy installation. Available in stock grey and a wide variety of diameters.