Standard Backer Rod - 2 lbs Density
Available Diameter: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1-1/4" Grey Color
Available Diameter: 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3", 4", 5", 6", 8" White Color
Basic Use: ITP Standard Backer Rod is an ideal nonabsorbent compressible backup material. It is inserted into a joint to control sealant depth to create a backstop to:
* water resistant, low abrasive, with excellent shock absorption.
* Use in medical, marine, recreational and protective packaging markets
* Allow proper sealant tooling
* Allow proper sealant wetting of the joint surfaces
* Yield a proper bond breaker between the Backer Rod and sealant
* Function as a temporary seal.
Compatibility: ITP Standard Backer Rod is compatible with butyl, polysulfide, acrylic polyurethane, silicone and most other cold applied sealant compositions.
Specific Use: Commonly used in glazing installations, windows and door applications, expansion joints, curtain wall joints, partitions, log constructions, pavement joints, repairs, precast units and copings.
Composition and Materials: ITP Standard Backer Rod is an extruded round, closed cell, low density polyethylene foam material with a skin-like outer texture. It is highly flexible and compressible for easy installation. Available in stock grey and a wide variety of diameters.